Monday, January 8, 2018

A Year to Be Remembered

A week after the New Year and I am just getting around to posting. Thus is my new life.

Last year was a year to be remembered. Indeed it was. But that is not to say it was without struggle. 

Last year was full of expriences.

-Jessie and I made our first active investment, in cryptocurrency. (I don'tinclude 401K, the house, etc. because we do not have to actively watch and they are long term.)

-Samantha was on swim team. That was a best experience for all of us this Summer!

-Sara camped for the first time. She also went kayaking with us and on vacation. Our first time in St. Augustine, FL.

-We saw our first complete solar eclipse!

-We all went to North Carolina and hiked Clingman's Dome for the first time.

-We started up and tended a succssful
 garden! LOTS OF CUCUMBERS!

Last year was full of accomplishments.

-Jessie finished yet ANOTHER year in school. (That leaves 2 more.)

-Samantha started her own very successful business.

-Sara learned to crawl and walk and all sorts of other things. 

-I kept the Baby alive! 😂 With my own milk.

Last year was full of lessons and changes.

-Jessie was baptized! And and  I saw such a change in him spiritually.

-He learned how to seize the day and not take advantage of those around him.

-Samantha has matured and has such empathy for those around her.

-Sara grew socially.

-I learned to slow down.

-I learned a lot about the Bible and myself. (Through my readings-Bible and extrabiblical sources.)

-My patience has grown oh so much more than I knew it even could.

Last year was full of struggle.

-Our marriage struggled because we had to learn how to be married with limit time to ourselves.

-Jessie struggled with school.

-Sam stuggled having limited time together.

-I struggled not being in what I considered ministry. (And learned "just being a Mom" is ministry!)

But we have overcome!!!

And we are counting our blessings because we were together last yesr and at the stroke of midnight we were holding each other.

And this year is shaping up to be good too.

-Jessie received a significant bonus from work as well as a DOUBLE raise. AND a soon to be promotion.

-He is into his major related classes, and enjoying them.

-Samantha has secured a spot as an "actress" at Secret Keeper Girl, resulting in free VIP tickets for us.

-Samantha is going to be participating in some more grown up activities this year-including tennis and an Inductive Bible Study.

-Sara is growing and maturing and acting more like a toddler.

-God has decided it is time for me to step back into ministry! (And Sara is allowing for it! She will stay with sitters now! Very select ones. But still!)

I know 2018 will not come without its challenges, but I also know that we can overcome and grow from what comes our way.

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment