Sunday, May 21, 2017

Hot Mess Mom

Took Sara to Story Time a few weeks ago. At the check out counter I was frantically searching for my keys. Between the time that I got to checkout and the time I left, I lost those keys 3 times. Three times. My friend looked at me and said, "You must be having a rough day." My response? "Nope. This is normal."

Was I always the hot mess mom? I keep thinking Sara is the reason that I'm always losing everything. Because my hands are full and I am trying to juggle Baby and a giant diaper bag. But when I think back....

I have always run late to every event.

I have always brought birthday gifts "wrapped" in their original store bags. (Something I am loud and proud about.)

I have always been the Mom digging through her purse saying, "I just had my phone, where is it?" (whilst talking on it!)

I have always been the Mom who is trying to get 10 things done at once.

And I have definitely always been the Mom who said, "Crap! I was supposed to bring a dessert for that! Let me make some of those super easy brownies real quick!" (I once signed up for corn and green beans on the CHEA Thanksgiving Dinner sign up. Hey...gotta have the simple stuff too!) I opened up cans and dumped them in pots. No salt. No pepper. No butter. The other Moms made homemade macaroni salad and chicken casserole.

On our home days, I'm relaxed. I keep my cool and I am go with the flow with the occassional chore. But on our out days, I'm zooming from one place to another and dropping my giant pile of library books, which are two days late-again. Spilling my purse every time I hit the breaks on the car. And, "Oh Jeez! Where is that 20 I need to put in the bank?! I just passed the ATM! Sam, What road do I turn on to get to swim? My. Brain. Is. Fried!!!"

Guess I have always been, because Samantha always knows the answers. She is my right hand man. Whatever did I do without her before she knew directions to the mall and where I put my glasses last-on my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment