Saturday, April 1, 2017

Super Mom Has Returned!

She just looks a little bit different, occassionally disheveled from wear the baby was pulling my hair while nursing. And sometimes I forget to pull my tank top back up over bra after a feeding.  But that's okay because the volunteering, learning loving, always up for a new activity, scratch brownie baking mom is BACK! It only took 5 months, and cleaning now consists of loading the dish washer, hitting GO on the robot vacuum remote, and running around like a crazy person during nap time to folds laundry....But, I finally have time for all the Loves in my life-including Hubby, Sam (Big S), Sara (Little S), and reading (my Bible and another book)

I attended my first leader meeting since last September on Tuesday. And I enjoyed myself. Of course Little S started fussing after 8 o'clock hit, but I barreled through to 10 PM when it ended. I nursed and I stood and swayed her and bounced her just too keep her quiet. And while I was there I accepted volunteer positions for Summer Camp and leading the Explorers next school year. Of course they are both flexible positions, because luckily our troop realizes we are Moms first and volunteers last.

But it didn't really hit me until yesterday when we took our hammocks to the park. I just imagined how nice it will be after Big S finished swim practice and we can go hang our hammocks up and read and let Little S nap after a morning playing in the water. Big S read her own book and I read mine aloud to the baby, because I doubt she cares what I'm reading, as long as she gets attention. Big S asked to play tennis, so I tried sitting Little S in the Bumbo seat. She was only having it for about 10 minutes. So...I did what any other crunchy loving, busy homeschoooling momma would do, and I strapped her to my back. And we played-gently. And both my Ss were content getting tine with Momma in their own little ways. It was such a shame when it was time to leave. But I had to go home and cook-a NON crockpot meal....

Super Mom has return, but this time, her priorities are straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment