Saturday, August 12, 2017

Life Simplified

I got tired of being that Mom that I talked about in my last post, that Hot Mess Mom.

It was too much for me. My brain was always in a million places. I didn't know where anything was. I was always trying to take care of something-the baby, an email, something else I had volunteered to do.

I just wanted to enjoy my girls. Was that too much to ask? We do plan to adopt in the next few years still, and I want my time with these two before we take that on. Sam is entering the 9-12 age. She will need to talk more than ever before, and I am just getting to know Sara.

So I stopped and I simplified. I was already a minimalist, but I got to be even moreso. I cleaned the house out of everything that I said we would eventually use. Homeschool Mom's, you know-all those books and art kits and other activities. It's all gone. Anything and everything extra is gone. If we absolutely need it, we will buy it. We have one set of dishes, two pairs of shoes apiece, dress and outdoor, the girls share all their toys. We don't even have baby tables or seats. Baby dolls, blocks, and a kitchen-those types of things stayed. I got tired of cleaning. I fixed the dishwasher and I bought a Roomba. I let them do the bulk of it for me. We wear our pajamas on the days we are home. It really cuts back on laundry, like a ton. I dont even spend an hiur a week on it now. I just make sure hair and teeth are brushed so we don't become slobs. The baby doesn't even wear clothes on the days we are home. Cloth is too cute. ;) Even the solid prints. We cut out some activities. We now just have church, AHG, Homeschool group, and a kiddie group for Sara. Which sounds like a lot, but not when I don't work and Sam has no school to attend. Church and AHG are weekly and the other two are monthly. I set our calendar up so that play dates are in a rotation and we are not stacking everything into one day. I can't do it anymore-the rushing too and from. Most things are in the afternoon because I just want my girls to have some time at home, to play. Sara is growing all too quickly, and she loves to move. She is crawling, pulling up, cruising. I want to give her the ability to do those things all day long, not stick her in a carseat or the Ergo and lug her from place to place. (Although, she is content to be held most of the time.)

I only volunteer with AHG, and that is because Sam wants me to experience it with her. Besides, she needs to have something that is about her. I am "as needed" for post abortive and abortion minded clients at the Center. And we are about to become more active volunteering in the church, but we will already be there anyway on Sundays.

This is my rest period-a time to read my Bible and learn more about God so I can lead better. A time to enjoy the silence of the morning and during nap time. A time where I don't have a million things to do so I can soak in my girls.

I spent the last 2 weeks nursing my Baby to sleep. No need to be on my phone or balancing the checkbook or going over a list of what I need to do in my head. I could just nurse her and watch her sleep and pray to God and thank him for these children, my Husband, and for my testimony and ask him to prepare me to be flled up for what is coming, because it will be here before I know it. Until then I will rest and learn and enjoy this simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment