Sunday, October 30, 2016

40 Weeks +1

Well, it's here. The home stretch. And she is coming out one way or the other! Surprisingly I'm not as nervous as I feel I should be. I guess I feel more in control this time than I did last time....Even if I don't know when exactly labor will hit. It did sink in yesterday that these last few days are my last days with my only. We have red endlessly and played board games, but I'm tired, so nothing too special. Although we did go out to dinner as a family and get doughnuts and then to the playground at 11 PM. That was fun!

I'm past due now, but the midwife isn't worried. She said at 40 weeks +6 days they will start to be more cautious, but with her head being engaged completely, her being so low, and a few other factors, she doesn't see that happening. I'm a bit worried. But I have stayed somewhat worried this whole time, so nothing new.

If all goes as planned, we will soon have a new baby girl in our arms. And it is going to change everything. And we will be parents again. And Sam will be able to hone in on some of her new big sister skills. Sara is going to be so loved.

Those first few days and weeks after you bring home a new life are so magical, and I cannot wait to experience them. To sing to her and rock her. To just stare at her. Of course there will be a lack of sleep, but I entirely plan to have her in our bed to cut back on that, as well as to connect with her.

My Husband is taking off 2 weeks from work. If she comes before Tuesday, he will have an extra weekend, so that would be 17 days off. I'm hoping she gets here before he goes back Wednesday because I'd like him here when labor starts. I don't like uncertainty or chaos. But I guess that is up to her. :)

I've tried bouncing and walking and all that good stuff. I'm making progress, but not enough. I'm going to miss being pregnant,  especially since I don't know if it will happen again. But I am sure am thankful for this pregnancy. From the first positive test where I just started in compete disbelief, shaking. To the first ultrasound where I was in compete shock over the fact that her little heart was actually beating. Maybe not so much the sickness, but definitely finding out we were having another sweet girl. Feeling her kick. Sam singing to her. Jessie talking to her and playing with her. And now it is all coming to an end. I enjoyed it as much as I could. Now we will move on to all the baby and toddler stages again. Something I was not sure we would experience twice. I'm overjoyed, but still scared something won't go quite right.

Please pray for us. It's a whole new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment