Monday, March 14, 2016

They are My Rock

I have.... The most amazing Husband and daughter. Seriously. I was fine the first few weeks. I thought, "Whew! Dodged a bullet on that god awful morning sickness!"




And then....I got sick. Honestly, not bad sick. Just sick enough that I'm nauseous morning, noon, and night. With the exception of a few hours between. And weak. I feel like I have the flu. But no throwing up...thankfully.




I was crushed when I first got sick. My fantasies of continuing to be Susie Homemaker while making a baby quickly faded.




Because the thought of cooking nauseates me even worse. I won't go into detail because just typing it makes me queasy.




So anywho...I know my Husband generally has high expectations so I was very nervous when he got back in town. (He was working out of town from the day after we found out until last Friday. I started getting nauseous that Wednesday.)




But he surprised me. He instantly went to cooking and cleaning and taking care of the dogs. As much as I would prefer to be able to do those things myself, I find that I feel like everything will be okay when he helps me keep up.




And Sam, my sweet girl. She made me lunch 2 days in a row when I felt like I was dying. Not to mention tonight she heard me mention to J that I was craving the leftovers in the fridge that belonged to her. (From Cheddar's -we had it for lunch to celebrate hearing a heartbeat on the ultrasound.) And...she gave them to me. My heart melted. I told her I didn't want to take advantage of her like that, but she insisted that she understood. (Because when she is sick we buy her whatever she wants to eat for dinner. Sometimes your sick stomach just wants something specific.)




Homeschooling has been hard. Last week I laid on the ground attempting to help S birdwatch. But in all reality, she was the one running crazy up the hill following birds and describing them so I could use what little energy I had to look them up. Or...try to. I don't want her to miss this beautiful weather so I am doing what I can to keep her outside. I can writhe in agony just as much in a lawn chair as I can in my bed at home. We have resorted to a lot of online math and spelling games. And she is taking the lead in Science. (inspired by the show Street Genius.) Making her own experiments and such. Cleaning them up on her own. She is definitely learning some independence. Soon we have a project on Japan to do....and she will definitely have to take the lead in her research on that. Thank God for Summer. I know we homeschool year round, but at least in the Summer I can relax and rely on completely natural learning. (But lord, I hope this is gone by then.)




On to other things....as I mentioned before, the ultrasound turned out well. I found out there are very legitimate reasons for my pain during exams and ultrasounds. My midwife was so nice and concerned about my comfort so she just did one quick enough to see a heartbeat. She said the baby looks alive and well. She accidentally closed out the photo and couldn't get an exact due date, but it is looking like Halloween. She couldn't get BPM either since I was in so much pain. S came and saw it. It was pretty uneventful since you couldn't see much, but I wanted her to be included. I feel much better knowing it is attached correctly with a beating heart. But still so scared about unknowns. Trying to relax. Jessie is so sweet he has been trying to diffuse oils for me. I can't explain what a tremendous help he has been and how understanding he has been. Telling me to buy whatever it takes for the nausea. And doing the cooking and/or ordering out for us. Yes, I tried my hardest not to, but I can't stand more than 60 seconds or so without getting dizzy.




Also, the midwife diffused my fear. She said my blood pressure is normal and they will be on stand by if I hemorrhage again, but that they set me up for it last time and I shouldn't be at a higher risk this time because they don't plan to induce or put me through what they did. These doctors seem very personable and natural and the office is actually in a house. I don't feel like I am at a medical facility which helps my nerves tremendously.




J couldn't contain himself and he "announced it to the FB world" as one friend put it. He is over the moon and I can't discourage that so I told him to go for it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment