Friday, November 9, 2012

VACATION

So Jessie and I were discussing last night, taking Sam on vacation next year. She is 4-and by next summer will be almost 5, so I thought it was about time to take her just as a family. I think we have decided on taking her to Savannah. (Here is where I will give you credit, Mom. It was her idea.) It isn't too expensive, but it isn't like taking her to Atlanta, which is only like an hour away.

Here is what we are wanting to do: (We are going to continue to look into it later on.)

We want to stay for 3 days, 2 nights.

We are going to walk around and shop of course. That could make for the good part of one day, probably the first day because we won't get there until afternoon. Jessie says it is an 8 hour drive. 

We want to go to Tybee Island for the beach-Sam Loves the beach! That alone would take an entire day. 

Then there are a few things we want to do that cost. We will probably pick one thing apiece because it can get kind of pricy. We looked over the tourist website, and found these things to choose from: Land and Sea Tour, Historic Savannah Tour, Civil War Tour, General History Tour, Walking History Tour and the Haunted Trolley Tour. If you can't tell, we like to learn about history. Museums are a regular family outing for us, and as Samantha gets older, she enjoys it more and more, so I am hoping she will enjoy history too. 

I am going to start a budget soon. I know we need to consider gas, food, a hotel, and activities...Is that it? We are planning on $800 to $1,000...I hope that is possible. Anybody ever been on vacation and want to offer advice, because I have no clue where to start or when I need to reserve the hotels by...

I will be posting soon, just updating on some things and talking about the holidays. I have also been MIA because we have had a hectic, but fun week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment