Saturday, November 10, 2012

Another Update

We have been up to a lot. For starters, I finished that furniture, both pieces. The dresser is in my room now, all set up. And without meaning to, Jessie and I have each claimed our own sides. Jessie side has his game system, a few games, movies, controllers, etc. My side has flowers, cards, books, and news articles I have been reading. Complete opposite sides. But the one thing it does have in common is the computer. I have the Macbook on my side. He has his gaming laptop on his. :) The bedroom is now complete. (Minus painting the bathroom and closet.) But the bedroom itself is done.

The kitchen table looks nice. It took me several hours to finish the chairs! I was so sore when I was done! But now we have a real kitchen table. We just use the card table as a place to do messy projects now. The first night I had the table finished, we had a Family Game Night on a table that didn't wabble! And also our first family dinner that wasn't on a wobbly table. :p I liked the card table because we just unfolded it for dinner and games and such, and it saved room in the kitchen, but like I said, it is nice to have a real one too. And Sam's teacher from PAT is extremely excited we finally have a real table. She has been on me about that for years now. 

Also, Sam has been busily working on learning about space. I went ahead and gave her the Magic School Bus space kit that I ordered her. It came with the instructions and pieces for like 10 experiments/activities. We just finished a planet mobile. She has done some coloring sheets she picked out to do. Watched "Magic School Bus Gets Lost In Space," and another episode that I can't remember the name. I am not sure what we are doing next. There are so many experiments to chose from! But we will find something. 

Jessie and I are also trying to help expand her knowledge and share what we know, so we all sat down and watched a show on the SciFi channel called "Mysteries of the Universe." It had a lot of basic information in it that we weren't aware of, and we were able to reiterate to her later on. 

I posted this on my other blog, but I just had to share on here. The other day, I realized how much of what she learns sticks with her. Here was our conversation in the car:

We were talking about shadows. I asked her what caused a shadow. She answered accordingly. Then she noticed there there was a big truck with a BIG shadow. And my small car had a SMALL shadow. I thought I would expand on this, so I asked Samantha, "Who do you think would make a bigger shadow? You or me?" Samantha replied without skipping a beat, "Me!" I just laughed and replied back, "Oh yah, how is that?" "Because I would be standing CLOSER to the sun." 
Next week is the memorial. So basically, we have finished the study/training and will be launching that in the Spring. Thursday I made a brochure about the counseling that we are/will be offering, and I will be presenting it Thursday at the luncheon we are hosting for pastors' wives. And soon me and another lady-not the one I am currently working with-will be going from church to church to present information to women's groups.


Hmm...What else have we been up to? Well, based off going through my pictures, we have seen Christina several times. :p We have been to Boo at the Zoo, Birthday parties, done cookie decorating, and of course our weekly Wednesday get togethers after the library...Also, Sam's dance stuff has started. Yippee! She will be doing a mall show in Cleveland next week. And she is really looking forward to the parades because she gets to ride with her new friend, Lila. They are the same age-like a week apart. Ever since day one in class, they have been the two girls in the back talking and giggling. We finally got them together at the park today, and Samantha had a lot of fun playing with her. 







If you can't tell from the pictures I post, our family is apparently a bunch of nudist who like to run around in their underwear. Sam strips down as soon as she walks in the door. lol



I BEAT JESSIE! Yah, we're noobs, but I still beat him! (Just realized, I moved the bored before I took the pic, so some of the words look-dur.)


Granny Panties Working On Her Mobile


Make fun if you want, but I think Sam did a great job on her mobile! 

We hung it from her lamp so she can lay under it at night, when she sleeps in her bed.  


Coloring Sheet
It is hard to see, but she painted a picture of space and I labeled it. She painted the Sun and Earth and Mars and Saturn and Stars. (And a Few Squiggly Lines)

This is the kit we bought her. It was really affordable, and they have kits for all kinds of Science topics! 
My Cute Sister-I got to babysit the other day. Sam LOVED it! 


Cool Cat-That is her new name. : )

Ba Ha. Cute kitty. We Love kitty. I don't remember what it was like not having her. 

Adorable Girl at Chick Fil A

We were having breakfast together before we went to the Women's Center. 





No comments:

Post a Comment