Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Poems For Lucy

I have written poems for Lucy for years, but I have never been quite able to finish them. There just seems like there is so much to say. Like I will never be able to say it all, to even scrape the surface. I am trying to find a way. I think the poem I posted before about the flower who turned into a child. That was perfect. But I just haven't gotten that far yet. So I figured I would do a few poems and see what I could come up with over time. It has been years since I have worked on poems regularly, so don't laugh. 

Forgiven

I've thought, and thought, and thought, Dear Lucy, 
How to put you in a poem. 
I just have to find a way to say, My Lucy, 
How I've felt for you so long. 

Lucy, you're my child, 
My unborn little angel. 
My blonde hair, blue eyed, 
Sweet, sweet girl. 

I wish I would have known...

I wish I would have knows the tears I'd cry for you. 
The prayers that I would pray. 
But Lucy, what you've done for me, 
Words cannot explain.

Lucy, girl, I Love You. 
That, I know you know. 
And I know that you Forgive me. 
You've even told me so. 

I've told the Lord I'm sorry. 
For you were a precious gift that I received. 
And now I know, I truly know, that he too has Forgiven me. 

Dandelion, Lucy

I once had a Dandelion, Lucy.
That I held so very near. 
One day though, I let her go. 
And now I Miss her Dear. 

I gave her the name, Lucy. 
And I mourned for her for years. 
For what I once thought was a weed, 
Had caused so many tears. 

Tears. And tears. And tears. 
I fell down to my knees. 
Lord, deliver me! 

For each seed would have made a difference
Now they are all gone. 

Lord please help me fill this hole. 
Let me fix what I have done. 

I can't. 
My Dandelion is gone. 
Never to return to me. 
But I will go to her. 

*If I had one wish, I would wish for you, Dear Lucy.*



No comments:

Post a Comment