Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Time Together and Apart

Family time is something that is really important to all of us. Every season we have special things that we do to spend time together.

Spring/Summer:

1. Trips to The Park

2. Trips to the Pool/Next Year Sprayground :) 

3. Trips to the Beach

4. Camping

Fall:

1. Pumpkin Patch

2. Apple Festival

3. Holiday Celebrations (Obviously)

Winter:

1. TONS of Dance Activities

2. We like to drive around and look at Christmas lights, especially at the "Christmas House" and "Town Square" in Lafayette. Lots of lights in one stop. 

3. Again, holiday celebrations.

We have tried fun things around here, like Rock City and the Santa Train, etc. But we have not found something we would want to do every year again and again...Any ideas? 

Everyday or Weekly/Monthly:

1. Family Dinners

2. Family Game Nights

3. Going Out To Eat

4. Playground

5. Movie/TV Nights

6. Anything Sam is Interested In: She is still interested in space right now, so we will look through her telescope with her, or read books about space with her, etc. Jessie gets really into the activities that go with what she is learning. 

7. We have been going to church together. And the last few times, we have either grabbed breakfast before, or lunch after. (Jessie prefers after because I have to be at church so early to set up.)

I'd say we get to spend a lot of time together, just looking at this list. I am very blessed he is home every night with us. (If he worked night shift, I would go crazy because he'd be home all day. lol) We do both get our alone time though. Jessie enjoys hunting on Monday mornings, and he gets back shortly after Sam and I wake up. I get my alone time when I go to the Women's Center on Thursdays and my Save One Bible Study on Thursday nights now. So I would say we have a good balance. Jessie gets his alone time with Samantha on Thursday nights. And I have her ALL the time! :) 

Aside from family time, Jessie and I have really been lacking in the area of together alone time. We used to go on a date every month, but we don't have a free sitter anymore (because for some reason, I must have the only family in the world that has no interest in watching their granddaughter-She isn't bad. Everybody tells me she is the easiest kid to watch. They just don't want to babysit at night.), and we can't afford the rates for a paid sitter. Besides, I am not leaving my child with a stranger. So a few nights a week Sam goes to bed in her room. Jessie and I watch TV, lay together, talk a little, go to sleep...other stuff sometimes. lol But that is about it. Any advice? I know we gotta have our alone time. That is one thing that has always been very important to us. It limits our arguments over stupid stuff and also we get a chance to talk about big stuff, without Sam jumping in and saying, "I want to talk about MY day now!" Oh, and our activities don't have to be 100% child friendly. We can go to comedy shows, the movies, etc. 

Anyway, with all that said, any advice helps. 

Next Post: Decorating Ideas For Living Room

No comments:

Post a Comment