Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Supportive Husband, Jessie

I just have to take a minute here to brag on Jessie for being such a supportive Husband! He supports me in everything I do, and he gives me no limits! 

This morning he got up bright and early, even after going to bed at 5 am-stayed up late with my brother since he just moved back in town-just to come to church and see my Baptism. (He doesn't always come to church on Sunday. Only occasionally. But he has been attending more often lately.) 

He has been nothing but supportive of me going to to the Women's Center. He kept Sam while I was in training on Saturday, and didn't ask me once to hurry up or when would I be back. He just waited until I text him and his first words were, "How did it go?" When I got home, he listened to ever detail and looked at all the papers we went over, asked about the activities we did. And when I told him that I would be speaking at churches soon, he said, "Go for it!" He said he may even come to her me once he feels more comfortable. And he doesn't even mind me using our money to help get the post abortion counseling up and running. He has never complained about me going to the Women's Center on Thursdays during the day, even though I usually throw dinner in the crockpot and have to run to church right after I get home, and he keeps Samantha on Thursday nights too. And the other day, I told him I will be attending the recovery group as part of the training, which is also an afternoon thing, meaning I would get home even later, and all he said was he said he hopes it goes well. But don't forget to put dinner in the crockpot so they don't starve. :) 

Another thing he supports me on, serving at the church. On Thursday night renovations and small groups. He is patient when I get stressed about completing the lesson plans for preschool ministry on time and when I am gone doing running around for to get things done for them. 

He supports me in homeschooling Samantha, unschooling at that! Just because he "Trusts I know what is best for her." He takes a big part in it by teaching her about his interest, things he knows about, and going to museums and other educational outings with us. He even suggests things he thinks would be interesting for her-which is the reason we got her an Ant Farm. 

And when I asked him why he is okay with all this, he just said, "Because all that stuff makes you happy. And if it makes your life full, that is all I care about." It really took Me aback because I really need to work in that area. If he were gone all night once or twice a week during the week, I would be frustrated, but he is just so great about it all. I don't have to sneak around or hide things. I am so Blessed to have such a supportive Husband!

Me and My Amazing Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment