Saturday, September 15, 2012

Baby Items...I know....

I know I should not be doing this already because I am not pregnant yet...But I am starting to get hopeful that it will happen soon....So I have been buying baby items-that are not gender specific, as in basically only baby equipment and such, but only if I can find an AMAZING deal on them, and if they are specifically what I wanted, no settling since I have a ton of time to get stuff, over 9 months. lol. Over the last two days I have found two awesome deals! 

The first deal I found was a Medela Breast Pump at a consignment sale. I got the Harmony pump with all the accessories. The Harmony one is a single manual pump, but I would seriously only need it for when we have a sitter. For example, MIL has already said she would watch Sam and the new baby once I start going back to the Women's Center afterward, and that is only for 4 hours one time a week. I always wanted a Medela pump when I planned to breastfeed Sam, but we ended up buying a different one from a yardsale, and since I didn't make it past the first day, it didn't matter. I am determined this time, from Jessie and Christina, because she is sweet and will be my "go to" person for advice. (I have also already started reading about it, which I didn't do last time for some reason. Anyway, I have read really good reviews on the pump. (I did my research first.) It was only $15.00. (I decided not to wait until half off day just in case it was gone.) It is generally about $45.00. And it was brand new in the box. The next deal I got was even better! To make it even better, Christina is a doll and she said when the time comes I can try the one she used with Brentley and see which one I like better. 

The second deal, I was looking on Craigslist to see about how much people were selling Boppies for. (Trying to get an estimate of how much it will cost for us to buy stuff new and how much it would cost to get it all used.) That was a boo boo on my part...Because I found a Boppy with a Boppy cover. (It was neutral, but I would get a new one anyway, because I don't like the Jungle theme very much.) But the cover had one of those things where you can buckle them in. And the Boppy was one of those really soft, thick ones that they make now. Sam's pillow is a lot thinner-She still sleeps with it though. And then the other Boppy was a pregnancy pillow, one of the FULL body ones. (I always wanted one of those with Sam too, but we could not afford it. We can't afford full price now really, as far as spending $60.00 for a pillow I'd use for only a few months, so I am glad I found one this cheap!) They are both in terrific shape! They were both barely used and just stored away for the last year. (So in the pics, they are a little wrinkled, but they look a lot better than they do in the pictures.) I just could not pass a deal like that up! So I just met the lady to get those...Other than that all I really have is two toys, the one Sam picked out when Jessie said we could have another, and then a Lamaze octopus toy I got from a yardsale. And then any of Sam's old stuff that we kepy, like the rocker/glider.  

Buying these two things alone has saved about $125.00! 

The Items I Still Have Left: 

1. Moby Wrap 

2. Car Seat (I'll need ya'lls help on this one when it comes time since ya'll are always so up to date and know what features it needs.) 

3. Cloth Diapers and wipes-Already picked the brand, BumGenius, one size, all in ones, just to make it easy. lol I have found some on Craiglist already, but haven't bought any. 

4. 31 Diaper Bag :p 

5. Washable Nursing Pads. I just put that because that is the coolest! Eco Friendly and cheaper!

6. Bouncy Seat of some sort...

7. Bedding, only if we decide to use a crib though...

8. Then of course the small stuff, clothes, blankets, small toys, etc. 

Anything else big? Seems like I missing something. (Not including a crib, because we do not think we will be using one.)

Again, I know it is early, but I am so tired of waiting! And besides, we will be prepared when it does happen! :0) 





Comfy-Jessie said he calls dips on it until I get pregnant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment