Monday, August 27, 2012

Half of Our Room

We painted and got the bed area set up. All we have left is my dandelion wall stickers. They still have not come in, but they are getting close. And then Jessie's Mom is letting me have one of Jessie's old dressers to strip down and paint. One of the drawers is broken, so we are going to turn them into shelves and slide baskets in some of them. And use the other spaces as places to put decorations or magazines or whatever. And I already have everything I need for that, so it won't cost me a dime. :) 

Next is the kitchen. I don't have anything I really have to buy for that, except new eventually need new dishes since Jessie has broken all but 3 of the 8 plates. Every time he tries to get himself seconds, he drops his plate. lol We are going to do a grey blue in the kitchen, probably this week or next while Jessie is out of town. I am about to start paint taping it in a few minutes...

Anyway, then after that, the only thing left to paint will be the living room, hall way, and bathrooms. They will all be the same, neutral color, probably a light brown. I will have to get about 5 gallons for all that, but I won't have to do much to fix up those areas. The living room, we will get new furniture at income tax time so Jessie can put our old furniture in his man cave. That will be it for the living room, maybe curtains. We already have the big clock we have been wanting and the same big collage of our tree that is above the couch. I want to keep that in there. 

And then as far as the bathroom goes, ours will be pretty plain. And the guest bathroom, we are doing a geek them. We have a "toilet monster" on the back of the toilet. There is a pic at the bottom. We have an LED temperature sensitive faucet that lights up clue for cold water and red for hot. And then we want to eventually get a periodic table or map of the United States shower curtain for in there. They are kinda pricey,  but it will never get used, so we won't have to replace it again. That's our plans for the house for now. 

Since I used all his basement money that he had left on paint and fixing things up, he won't be starting work on that until February. He just wants to frame it, put in some electricity, put up some drywall and paint it. But in floors, besides the concrete. And then maybe later on a bathroom since it is already plumbed. 

Curtains

We used a curtain scarf as a headboard. It was one of those DIY ideas, and I LOVE it!

This is the verse in the middle. 

Finished Product

The Last Touch On Sam's Room-Ceiling Fan

These are the dandelion stickers I am waiting on. I should have them by the end of the week. They are 70 inches tall! 

TIOLET MONSTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment