Friday, August 31, 2012

Christmas List For Sam

So I have been trying to think of some things I want to get Sam for Christmas, and nothing has come to mind. Well, I just sat down to try and make a list and a million things hit me all at once. So here are the things I want to get her so far...

1. Ladybug Land by Insect Lore (She already did the Butterfly Garden and we have the Ant Hill, so Ladybug Land is next.) 

2. Lady Bug Girl Book: Ladybug Girl Visits The Farm

3. Simply Fun Game: Let's Jet or Let's Drive (They are too old for her, but I want to get them while they are still selling them because I think it will teach her a lot about Geography. I remember not knowing the difference in a state and a country when I was in 3rd grade!) 

4. Board Game: Monopoly Junior-or since that is 5 and up and I know it will be a bit above her head, we may get 

5. Leap Pad Game: Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure, which is a math game or Globe: Earth Adventure, which is a Geography game, or an App Card. I'd have to do more shopping around to see. I am just glancing around online right now. I will start ordering stuff around late October probably. 

6. We are thinking for her special gift, (I wouldn't call it big, because we are just getting her a bunch of not so cheap stuff this year. lol) We may get her a "Grown Up" Art Kit because she Loves art so much, and I don't want to limit her to finger paints and crayons. We generally use acrylics and she really likes using the REAL stuff. If we get her the "professional art kit" we will get her the Darice 80 Piece Set because that is what I had when I was little, and I LOVE it! It was a whole set of paints, pastels, professional pencils, and a moldable eraser. It is a good deal. It has professional stuff, but it is technically mean for kids. Oh, and we may get a sketch book to go with that. I think it would be neat for her to use some nice stuff for her nature journal. 

Other things she likes that we may consider: craft kits for bracelet making and such, Strawberry Shortcake or My Little Pony toys, a baby doll. (She says she wants ANOTHER doll!), not sure what else...


All the stuff I want to get her, together is only like $135.00. We generally spend about $150.00 on her, so just throw in a few more things and her stocking stuff, and that will be everything she gets. A lot of it is educational, but it is what she likes. And if we are going to unschool her, we need to get her stuff that will spark her interest anyway. 









No comments:

Post a Comment