Monday, July 30, 2012

Samantha's New New Room

Oh Boy! I am so excited! Since Sam's room is a lot smaller at this house, we had to take out most of her princess furniture. Which just left her kitchen and toy bins. Her princess table is outside. And her dress up center went bye bye since it kept falling and made me nervous when her friends came over. SO...We decided to re-decorate her room, again. This time we decided to do an art theme, coupled with whatever she is interested in at the time. I started out by getting her a large marker board, chalk board, and bulletin board. Along with some smaller things like clothes pins and string so that she can hang up her art work that way too. We got her some makers that are meant to color on the window. And then of course markers and chalk for her boards. I am so thrilled. And since she is showing a strong interest in space, we have a few touches to add a space feel, including her planet projector and some glow in the dark stars SIL gave her. She has decided herself that she is ready to sleep in her own bed, so we are going to set up the daybed that MIL gave to us. It is in rougher shape than I thought, so we gotta sand it down a little and spray paint it, but Jessie says he can make it look good. I sorta went crazy on her bedding and got her the comforter set, sheet set, curtains, rug, and matching throw blanket. It is mostly purple, so that her room isn't too pink. And it has butterflies and flowers on one side, since she still loves butterflies. Or you can turn it to the other side and it is purple with lighter purple polka dots. We have to paint the room before we do all this, but we are looking at doing that this weekend. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. I know she is going to Love it.


Oh, and tiny update on her birthday. We decided for sure to do it at the same place as last year. I got all the invites and the banner printed. Everything ready for the goodie bags. Now I just gotta finish handing out the invites, cut out the banner, and fill the bags. Then wait for her birthday. Closer to time my Aunt will start on the cake and I will wrap her gifts. That is all. And then she will be FOUR!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment