Friday, June 1, 2012

One Step Closer To Closing

Well, yesterdy was our last day in the apartment. It was kind of scary, but exciting at the same time. Even Jessie was nervous. It took forever to get our stuff out of there!!! Next time we are renting a UHaul. (This time Jessie traded cars with a friend for a few days, and we put gas in it, which added up to the same price as a UHaul, but it took longer.) We are storing our stuff in that same friend's parents' garage. We wrapped all the furniture and put everything on plastic so that it doesn't get ruined.

Now we are staying at my Nana's for a few days. She has everything all set up for us. They get up early in the morning, so she set up a curtain in the living room so the light doesn't bother us, and so we have some privacy. She has a pull out bed that she put our old memory foam mattress on so that it is more comfortable than her old spring mattress. She also emptied out a closet and some drawers for us to keep clothes and such in. We paid her a bit to help with groceries, but other than that she isn't charging us for rent or anything, so that helps. (Since we are trying to save as much as possible to finish the basement and paint the house. We have a good bit saved up so far.)

As of right now, our closing date is June 11th. The real estate lady wants it moved up to June 8th since she is leaving town on the 9th, but so far she hasn't had any success with that. The sooner the better though, so whatever they want to do. I am extremely anxious! I just want all this over. I am wore out. At first the packing and planning and everything was fun. Now I just want it to be over. Blah.

Another thing, I talked to my landlord today about my deposit. He said he did a walkthrough without me and that all he was counting off for was the carpet-it wasn't professionally cleaned, which is $50.00 off. Which means we are getting $250.00 back on our deposit! That is great considering I wasn't expecting anything back because of how he is. Also, when we were on the phone he was super nice and talking about how we were great tennants and he couldn't wait to be neighbors! And then he went on to say that the field behind our house was his field. (I was about to lose it because I figured he would say to keep Samantha out of it.) But no, he said that we are welcome to let Sam play in it anytime and that he is setting up a fence for his cattle and that he would give us the key or combination to the lock when he did! This dude totally confuses me. I am just glad that we don't have to deal with any of that anymore. From now on, as long as we pay our mortgage, we don't have to answer to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment