Friday, February 4, 2011

Taking A Few Days Off

So Jessie told me since I have been working so hard trying to find a job (4 hours a day, every weekday since December 15th) that he wanted me to take a break until we hear back from that lady about the job at the eye doctor. Well, that is hard to me. The word break doesn't exist in my book. There is always something to be done. I hate that about myself sometimes, but I can't help it. So today, I decided to take my time looking at some information on homeschooling. (That is getting something done and it is fun for me. lol) I didn't realize how many groups and activities there were out there! I found one place that does a graduation! And one organization does a Field Day, a Valentines Day Party, a Christmas Party, (I guess since it is optional, there are no real boundaries on what type of parties they can throw, but they are a Christian organization.) They even have a Back To School Picnic. They have spelling bees and geography bees. They pretty much have all the activities that I had when I was in school, and some that have been cut out of school because they are "a waste of time that can be used to prepare for testing." Samantha won't be missing out on anything! You get discounts on fieldtrips and standardized testing. And it is only $20.00 a year! The only thing that sucks is you can only be in one group. It sounds to me like one of them is more for elementary school and middle school kids and the other does more highschool stuff, like yearbooks and graduation practices. I am getting excited just thinking about all the fun stuff Samantha is going to get to do and I will be right there with her! 

https://www.homeschool-life.com/sysfiles/member/custom_public/custom.cfm?memberid=153&customid=1281

http://csthea.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment