Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Work and School Updates

Well, I am still applying for jobs from and Jessie is looking into schools more. He has a meeting with an advisor at Devry University this Saturday. I am sort of jealous it is his turn and he is going for a 4 year. No luck so far on the jobs. I haven't heard a yes or a no on many of them. I must have applied to about 200 by now! I am guessing it is because the holidays. I figured they would at least have to email back saying they received my resume and application. This is sort of frustrating.
Anyway, in my down time I have been looking up things about homeschooling Samantha. The more I find on it, the better it sounds. I have heard that they are taking away recess at elementary schools and they can't even talk at lunch. AND the Kindergartners don't even get naps! They just say, "We need to prepare for testing." And that really bothers me. My main concern was that Samantha wouldn't get enough socialization, but the more I look into, I find lots of ways for her to be with other kids. Some of them have to do with being in school and the other way is through her Kindermusik classes and other outside activities. (Which, Kindermusik starts back next Monday!) I have found many books and websites on it. There are so many ways to do it! And the ladies on CafeMom have been such a help. There are a bunch of support groups and they have been able to answer all my questions so far, to an extent. Lastly, I think I have Jessie talked into it. I told him what I have found and he thinks he likes it too. The only thing he is concerned about is her having some sort of time away from me, which is why I am looking into co-ops a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment