Monday, January 24, 2011

Jobs and Other Updates

So instead of laying Jessie off, they gave him a $1.00 raise and moved him to the M and M factory in Cleveland, TN. (The raise will pay for the gas, so we got lucky.) It takes him an hour to get up there though, so we have to wake up around 5:30 or 5:45 to get him ready. 
I am still looking for a job. I have applied to everything I can find from home, EVERYTHING! I tried things other than transcribing. I did virtual secretary, data entry, but I couldn't find many, trustworthy, sites. I did call center jobs from home. I must have applied to 300 places by now. So I am looking at hospitals and such now. So far, no luck, but I will give it some time. There is an eye doctor that wants somebody with no experience so they can be trained their way. I may have mentioned it before, but it sounds fun. I would only transcribe part time and the rest of the time I would be training to be a tech so I could use the machines and such. We figure if I have to work away from home, we will put Samantha on night shift, which I haven't exactly worked out all the details. But basically, she will probably stay asleep for the first 4 hours I am at work, and play the rest of the day I guess. (That way I miss the minimal amount.) She will probably stay up until about 1:00 in the morning, when we usually go to bed. Then, once Samantha gets old enough, he will spend the last 4 hours I am at work doing her school until he finishes college. Once he finishes college, I am coming back home to teach my Baby and he will be going to work.
I guess I also need to post an update on Samantha. She finally learned her colors, which apparently she knew all along. I had to bribe her to show me. I was the only person she wouldn't show. I would hold up a piece of candy and tell her if she told me the right color, she could have it. She got it right everytime. Then I ran out of candy, so I started taking it away if she got the color wrong. lol. Mean, I know. She is starting to recognize her letters too. And we are working on  counting from 10 to 20. She knows 18-19-20, but she won't say them after 10. She just randomly says, "18-19-20." And I am not sure if I posted this before, but she knows all her basic shapes. Those weren't really a problem. It was her colors that were the problem. Her sentences are getting better. Pretty much everyone can understand her. She had a conversation on the phone with my Nana the other day and my Nana just could not believe that she was able to hold a conversation that long. Let's see...Ever since we got her hair cut, she thinks she is the coolest kid in town. Her attitude is getting worse. She tried to tell me that, "NO!" She is NOT going in timeout. I had to force her to sit. She SCREAMED! Oh, she screamed. I don't know what to do with that girl sometimes. I just HATE to be mean. I am not allowed to take her picture either. Which is whatever, I just wait until she is in a good mood for that. So, yep, Samantha in a nutshell.
Lastly, I am pretty excited about our taxes. We filed a few days ago. We are getting them back on the 4th. We are using it to pay off all our debt, hospital bills, tv, everything. And car insurance for the year. Then we are going to buy bedroom and home office furniture for me and Jessie, including a new bed because we need one. Ours is old and used. I traded 20 baby outfits for it when Samantha was little. Plus, we have to upgrade to a queen since Samantha is starting to push us off the bed when she sleeps with us. We are getting the memory foam from WalMart. Yum. Then some small stuff for the kitchen. Pay for Valentines Day. Umm...Then pretty much save up for stuff-Birthday, Christmas, Kindermusik, Etc. I am so glad for income tax. It gives us the money we need to get through the year right now. Plus, with us having all of our debt paid off, it will really help our monthly budget too.

No comments:

Post a Comment