Friday, January 28, 2011

I AM MOM

And I am so glad I can say that. I just have to keep reminding myself. Whether I work or not, I am still MOM. This house is MY domain. I keep things running here. And whether or not I am here in the day, I know I will still end up laying out everybody's clothes. I will still make sure they BOTH have their teeth clean and their hair brushed. I make sure things are done the times they need to be done. And that things are handled the way they should be, whether it is discipline, money, anything. I will be the one in charge, forever and always. And I didn't realize this until last Christmas when Jessie gave me that box him and Samantha made with a little note inside that said, "Mom, you are what makes this family go round. You make us-US." It made me feel good to think that they need me. Jessie always tells me he'd be totally lost if it were just him and Samantha, but I never believed him until recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment