Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Why can't I do it?!

That job I talked about earlier, my DREAM job-I don't want it anymore....Let me start from the start. Samantha had another Parent Meeting the other day. She was so excited. She was all over Tammie. Well, I talked to Tammie about that job and she said they start interviews on the 16th-of this month! She said all I had to do was fax in my resume for them to look over and she thought I would be perfect for the job since I can tell the girls, "Been there, done that." And they will probably relate to me better than someone who can't say that. So I was all excited, but she started talking about how I wouldn't get summers off like her and I would have to work late since most of the teenage girls are in school. And that she has to work weekends, and I don't know...I guess I just sort of chickened out. Leaving Samantha, that much. I don't think I can do it...You have to be a true career woman to succeed in that job, and well, let's face it, I'm not. I'm a Mom. That is all I am. That is all I ever see me being...I thought about just taking a 2nd shift job doing transcribing at a hospital until I can do it at home and call it a day. That way I will get home at like 1 in the morning and I can go to sleep and wake up at the same time as Samantha. I'd have all day with her before I went to work. I just don't understand it. I thought I would be able to do it, but I can't. I see my Mom who works pretty much a 9 to 5, and she NEVER sees her son. I would be miserable. I just can't do it.
Oh, and I know this is going to sound silly, but I keep thinking of all the dress up and cool stuff Samantha is getting for Christmas and I want to be able to be home in the day so I can play it with her. lol. I think I am more excited than she will be...I just Love the age she is getting to. She LOVES to pretend. We have tea parties all the time. She is just so much fun. I can't start missing out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment