Monday, October 25, 2010

More Room Ideas

So I went to see my Aunt, who worked ALL night on Samantha's room plans the other night. She has a special little note book dedicated to all her ideas. She designed five different dress up closets, but I picked the one I wanted and we are going to get a price list this weekend. The one I picked is a giant castle. We are going to paint it pink and white and it is going to have removable tops shaped like a castle made out of different colored foam board. We are going to velcro it to the top, but you won't be able to see the velcro. And there is going to be a curtain and a little door. Inside the door there is going to be a place for Sami to put all her little jewelry and stuff. And of course there will be a place for all her shoes. As far as the room goes, I found somebody who wants to buy all of Samantha's bedroom stuff for more than I was asking. So now I will have enough for the bedset, a new lamp, AND a few more decorations. Then we are going to find a way to decorate the ceiling fan and maybe the furniture somehow. Since she doesn't have curtains, we were going to buy one of those shades that looks sort of like a projector screen and stencil and paint some sort of princess scene on it. And LASTLY, for a gift from my Aunt, she is going to take this old wooden table my Mom and I used to have for the kids and she is going to redo everything. She is going to sand it down and paint it pink and white to match her room. Then she is going to decorate the top with something princessy and find some thick, clear glass and put on the top like they do in fancy restaurants. That is going to go in front of her window. I was really excited to hear her plans. I can't wait find out what else she has planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment