Monday, August 1, 2016

Third Trimester

I can't put in words how thankful I am to be feeling the way I do....IN MY 3RD TRIMESTER!! That's right.

I am in my 3rd trimester. I cannot believe it. I feel like we just found out. I was so happy to feel the way I did in my 2nd trimester, but I know that is pretty normal to have a burst of energy. The heat has made it slightly harder to breathe, but we just play tennis early in the morning. And stay in the water late in the day. If we are outside.

I have been able to cook every night, clean the entire house-weekly as well as my daily cleaning. Heck, I can still kayak a few good miles. My Husband thinks it takes more out of him than it does me!

I am very thankful. I hope I continue to be able to do these things. I still get my sleep and make sure to eat well. As long as I do this, I'm fine!

I am still pretty small considering I am 27 weeks. So the only things I really struggle with are getting up from laying down and sometimes I have a hard time getting comfortable at bed time. But I have my body pillow. So really the issue is cuddling with Hubby when there is a big belly in the way.

We have 13ish weeks left before she gets here and Hubby and I are both nesting like crazy! I have everything in the house spic n span, right down to the garage and basement. I do not want to worry about one thing the first few weeks of Sara's life. This month I'll start freezing meals so I don't even have to cook for a few weeks after she gets here-between frozen meals, crockpot meals S wants to make, meal trains from friends and groups we belong to, and surely eating out a few times. Sam and I went shopping the other day for her bedding so that their sleep room will ĺook nice and match the paint color we choose. It is super cute and I got a good coupon to use so she got all the little bells and whistles with her bed set. All that is left in my list is to remove some of the piles up cardboard boxes we never got to recycle and put the crab in a more manageable sized cage.

J is wanting to get some painting done, build a changing table out of pallets, replace carpet in the rooms (before she starts crawling), etc.

MIL is throwing a baby shower. She is super excited and really into it. She chose baby feet as the theme. And she has had lots of games planned. We finished up our registry. And I invited only my closest friends and family. Hubby really wants to come, so he is going to be allowed this time. I'm pretty excited. We won't need much for Sara, but it will be fun to get together and do games and stuff just like with Samantha. Oh, which reminds me, Sam is helping out a lot. Her and MIL have been planning together and depending on if they can find an easy cake, Sam may help decorate it.

Next week I have a doctor appointment. We are going to tour the hospital. AND we have a comfort measures class with some doulas that night. Speaking of, I finished reading my Bradley Book for Natural Childbirth. It helped me be more knowledgeable about the process of birth and gave exercises to do to work some of the muscles you work during labor so it won't be as painful. And I bought a birth ball so I have been exercising on that. I even packed my bag with my own night clothes for nursing, my essential oils, some special blends I made, a sitz herb blend, tennis balls, TENS machine, hot water bottle, and rice sock to relieve pain. I am ready!

The pack n play is together and all her cloth diapers have been cleaned. We are all so excited, but it is definitely JUST hitting us that a new baby is coming. It hit me last week when I was setting everything up. I put Sara's hair bows in the drawer above Sam's in their bathroom. I saw baby bows and big girl bows and I was like...I'm about to have another GIRL!!! The next day Jessie said, "You know how Sam comes in and gets in our bed or comes in our bathroom to get ready...we are going to have two kids doing that soon!" And then Samantha came last. She said she was daydreaming about the day Sara will be born and it hit her we were going to be a family of FOUR!" So we have all come to the sobering reality that soon things will be changing.

Now all she has to do is get here and turn or world upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment