Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Slowly, Slowly

Child of Mine,

I feel so Blessed,

As I watch you, slowly,

Ever So Slowly grow up,

Right before my eyes.

.

Child,

I watch you sleep,

Breathing slowly,

Ever So Slowly

In my arms.

I whisper to you, "I Love You Most."

.

Child,

I watch you play,

Rocking slowly,

Ever So Slowly

Your doll against your chest.

"Shush-ing" its fake cries.

.

Child,

I watch you learn,

Discovering Slowly,

Ever so slowly one Creation after the next,

All the while a gleam inside your eyes.

.

Child,

I laugh when you laugh.

I cry when you cry.

Always together, but this soon shall pass.

I wish for just a little more time.

For though these things go slowly,

They also go so fast.
.

Child of God,

You Are.

Child of God

You'll always be.

A Heavenly Gift lent to me.

.

As I slowly,

Ever So Slowly watch you grow,

I Imagine a day when you are old,

And you have slowly watched your Angels Grow.

Only then will you know,

The Gift that God has given me.

*I wrote this poem because it was quiet in the house, and we all know what The Quiet does. I started thinking of how Blessed I am to watch Sam grow, every bit. To he home with her, to homeschool her, and most importantly the fact that she is Alive and With Us. Lucy taught me several things, but if there is one lesson she taught me it is Slow Down. I have to enjoy Samantha's Life twice as much to try and make up for time Lost with Lucy, time holding hands, combing her hair, talking together, laughing together, Praying together. And one day, I will have time with Lucy in a different way. Until then, I am trying to live Life Slowly, Ever So Slowly.

2 comments: