Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bed Time and Another Update

Ah. I Love time with Samantha! :)

Her bedtime is my favorite time with her because Jessie and I both get to take part in that, and it is something we do every night. We put her back in her own bed since she is getting older and we aren't able to all fit as well, and it is working, somewhat. She crawls in our bed around 1 o'clock every morning. Sometimes I notice and ignore it. Sometimes I sleep right through it. Either way, she gets to stay. And on the weekends she is allowed to sleep with us if she slept in her bed all week. 

She has a marker board and a chalk board in her room. WE LOVE MARKER BOARDS! We have 3 marker boards in the kitchen-one for each of us, one easel with a marker board and a chalk board that we take between the kitchen and living room. And then of course her room has both too. So every night, Jessie draws her a picture. I write her a message, and she does whatever she wants. Sometimes she tries to figure out what my message says as she re writes it. Sometimes she copies Jessie's drawing. And sometimes she does her own thing. 

Last night we also started teaching her more about space on her board. She has a space book she likes for me to read to her, but it is for older readers, so it is kinda boring. So we both illustrated it for her on the board. I posted pictures of Jessie teaching her about eclipses last night. She really enjoys learning that way and we will get to go over something new each night, so it works out. (Yesterday we watched Through the Wormhol on the Science channel, an episode about blackholes, and it mentioned a lot about stars, so now she wants to learn more about stars.)

Then Jessie leaves, or sometimes stays, and I lay her down to read some of her library books. We usually read 5 to 7 books a night. Then we talk a little. Last night we talked about her day out with Daddy. :) (Her and Daddy went out while I went out with Maria-alone, without a child. Ha Ha.) Then we talked a little about how she wants to go to REAL space. Then prayers. Songs: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, Rock-A-Bye Baby, and Hush Little Baby. Then bed. I always let her pick a toy or play on her Leap Pad or iPod until she falls asleep. This way there is no crying or anything She has something to do until she passes out.

I definitely enjoy night time with her. But apparently she is sleeping a little better, because SHE WOKE UP AT 7:30 THIS MORNING-and she is still awake! I don't remember Sam EVER getting up that early, voluntarily!




Also, and update on the whole baby thing...Still nothing, but my brother moved all the stuff he was storing here in that extra room, so I got to set it up how I want it. :) Since we have all the furniture, it is a start. Then all the stuff I have, like some of the cloth diapers I have gotten and my Moby wrap and such. Those are all at the top of the closet.  Obviously we haven't painted the walls and there are no fancy wall hangings or bedding yet. We are waiting on all that until we actually have one and find out what it is. But I would say this is a pretty good start since I am not even pregnant. (We still have to fix the crib though. It needs new screw to hold the drop down part in place. I learned that you aren't supposed to sale or even give these cribs away anymore?! Like we could be held liable if we give it to someone and their kids gets hurt. What?!) Anyway, I am not going to sue myself, so we are going to use it this time around. Then Idk what to do.

Anyway, I emailed another midwife in the area, and she messaged me back the next day and said that we could come in for a free consultation while we are trying to conceive, and that she can also try to help us figure out what is taking so long and give us natural ways to boost fertility. So I am going to call and set up an appointment today.




No comments:

Post a Comment