Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Almost There...

My favorite time of year is when I get to make a post like this.

Things have been going great here! Couldn't be any better, unless we could have some Spring weather, and we are ALMOST there! The past few days it has been in the 50s here. Perfect! I mean, I would prefer for it to be like in the high 60s or 70s, but considering it has been in the 30s for well over a month now, I will take what I can get. I am ready for my heat to stop running so I can open some windows and doors and just play with the sun shining in. 

Last week I took Sam to the playground and the creek. We stayed the whole day and then went to Sonic afterward for Happy Hour. (We brought out own snack, as you can see in the picture, but they didn't care.) 

Yesterday since it was still so pretty, we decided to take Sam to the Battle Field and have a picnic. I was thinking sandwiches or a Little Ceasers pizza. Jessie, of course, had something bigger in mind. He wanted to get KFC. We have never had such a big picnic. We went to the same field that we always go to. We laid out a blanket and ate. It was a little windy, so we curled up in the blanket for awhile. And then Sam wanted to run and play. After that we went to Happy Hour at Sonic...I am sure you are sensing a pattern here. :) After that it was time to go home to REST! It was a nice day. Just makes me look forward to more fun Spring/Summer outings, camping and fishing and swimming! 

Samantha and I are also busily preparing to start our very own REAL Butterfly Garden in from of the house. (Not a potted/shaded garden.) We are going to do a lot of purple bushes and flowers in honor or Lucy and add in some angel decorations. First thing we are doing, a stepping stone for the butterflies to use to sunbathe. I think this will expand a lot on her lessons from last year, because she will learn even more about butterfly behavior and now flowers. This year she is old enough to research flowers with me and help to pick them out based on the kinds of butterflies she wants in our yard. We will go buy them together and plant them. And she will be able to study them closer. I am just getting so excited. I can't wait. 

Also, while writing this post, I came to the realization that I am happy. And I feel complete. No matter what happens with this whole baby thing, weather we can have one or not, I am fine with that. I still have Samantha. If we have another one, awesome. If we don't, that's okay too. At the end of the year, however, if I am still not pregnant, I will be taking down that middle room and turning it into a guest room.

Here is a little of what we have been up to lately: (Details about Sam's lessons and giving my first speech are on my other blogs.)

Learning To Search for Books at the Library-She can do it all by herself now!

Space Themed Glow Bath-Those of you who did not see it on my Homeschool Blog, it is worth checking out.

Sensory Water, Bubbles, and Sponges Tub

Pretending to Be in the Church Band-Sam's Current Aspiration in Life  (I was the singer.)

Bike Riding

Dance Class

Nature Study-Flooded Yard :)

Playing at the Creek-Nature Study

Happy Hour at Sonic

Playing Board Games

Making Silly Faces

Writing a Speech Like Mommy (I am really not sure why she thought that involved cutting and gluing.)
Planet Hop Scotch   


Building a Bird Nest
Constellations Activity-Although, she preferred to write words. )

Movie Night and Popcorn

Listening to Music On Her iPod-Her Favorite Song, Our God



Picnic at the Battle Field
My Big Girl-Kicking Her Shoes Off to Enjoy Nice Weather
Playing in the Field

Drinking a Sonic Slush at Steak N Shake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment