Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas and Lucy

Christmas is the time of year that I really try to Remember Lucy, since December 29th is her "Heaven Day." (Thanks to Hannah, for showing me a better name for it.) Sometimes Christmas can be hard since the 29th is just 4 days after, but over the last few years, it has gotten easier.

Every year, since 2010, I have made her the same ornament. It is a purple angel. I always use a different material. The first year I used a pastel purple material and sewed it together to make a pillow ornament because the year before that we had learned to make those at school. The second year, I did a salt dough ornament because Samantha and I made salt dough ornaments. This year, I used some of the leftover wood from doing the floor. Jessie cut it out with a Skill Saw and I painted it and used a knife to carve her name and a Bible verse that reminds me the most of her-Jeremiah 29:11. The verse that got me through so much. I used it in the post abortive study that I wrote and I have it posted above my bed. Everytime I hear Jeremiah 29:11, I think how God had a plan for us all before we were born, even Lucy.

I chose purple because the same year we lost Lucy, my Papaw was shot. He was in the hospital for a very long time, and while he was in there, I made him a "Purple Heart" pillow. Purple reminds me of her because that is a color that I connect to that point in my life. And now I use it for her all the time. I even use Purple Dandelions as our symbol for the Post Abortive Ministry at the Center to Honor Lucy.

And I chose an Angel, because she is my Angel.

This year, though, Hannah, whom I met through her link to her blog at the Memorial for the Unborn, and I are swapping ornaments also. So I made one for her Luke. I did the same with hers, but used what reminds her of him. A green butterfly with Psalms 147:3 Attached to each one of the ornaments (Lucy's and Luke's) I put a paper that says:

In Memory of Luke Shiloh/Lucy Marie,
Who Lives Forever in the Heart of his/her Mom,
But Rests in the arms of the Lord.
Matthew 5:4

("Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.")

I just received mine from Hannah in the mail the other day. It is BEAUTIFUL! I really Love i! It is a clear ornament with purple pom poms inside. And a paper that says Lucy in Gorgeous text. It has dandelions on it. I really just Love it. It means a lot to me. Thank you, Hannah!

Hannah also sent me something for Lucy's heaven Day, but I can't open it until the 29th. I am anxious to open it. Thanks again, Hannah!

Here are some pictures.  

Lucy's 2010 Ornament and Pillow

Lucy's 2011 Ornament

Lucy and Luke's 2012 Ornaments










No comments:

Post a Comment