Monday, August 13, 2012

Fall Fun

I am making my Fall post a little bit early because it has been so BEAUTIFUL around here! The past two days have ben cool outside, and at night it is almost cold! We went to the Battle Field yesterday. And then we went riding in the Mustang. (We Love to go riding.) I really like doing things like camping and fishing, but I can't help being excited about cooler weather. For the next days, it is supposed to stay in the 70s, but it isn't supposed to get above 85!

We have lots of Fall plans! Of course we have Samantha's birthday party coming up in September. And    then at the beginning of October, we are going to the Elijay Apple Festival and Apple Orchard! Samantha is still talking about the Apple Festival from last year! We will be going to Guthrie Pumpkin Patch the next weekend. And then Halloween! We will probably do more small things, but those are the main big things that we do every year. We are also considering having a Halloween party for Sam this year, but I am not sure yet. 

November won't be as busy, but there will be lots of cooking and preparing for Thanksgiving in the weeks preceding. 

I have started looking into holiday traditions and their origins, starting with Halloween. Like I mentioned last year, I want to start looking into the origins and actually celebrating the traditions that way instead of the celebrating the way that marketing has changed the traditions. 

I can't wait to decorate the house too! This year we will be able to get the hay and corn stalks and put them on the FRONT PORCH instead of in the kitchen! Along with our pumpkins. I just need a scarecrow to complete the set up. And of course we are going to do lots of artwork. I have already been looking on Pinterest and found a few cute things, that Samantha will be able to do this year. Yay! I can't wait! 

Here are some pics from last year! 

Apple Festival

Apple Orchard

Pumpkin Patch Hay Ride



Halloween


No comments:

Post a Comment