Friday, November 5, 2010

If We Make It Through December

I keep thinking how excited I am for the holidays, but the thought of it makes me sad. Last year was a tough time of year for the whole family with my Papaw being shot on Thanksgiving, everybody's cars breaking down. My brother's incident and a few other MAJOR (private) things on top of that. Despite everything, we somehow "Made it through December." I want this year to be special since it is our first year as a family in our own house. I am even getting to cook for the ENTIRE family this year for Thanksgiving! I am hoping to be able to keep my mind off of last year's events, but it is just so hard. I don't want Samantha to see me upset. I want this to be one of many Christmases that (inside) she will never forget. She may not remember any details, but I want her to always have that feeling that "Home is where the Happiness is."

No comments:

Post a Comment