Sunday, September 12, 2010

Maintenance In Our Marriage


So this weekend has been full of some pretty good news. To be honest, Jessie and I generally focus our all on Samantha, which,in my opinion, is how it should be, but this weekend it has been about us. First, I finally let go and asked my Mom to watch Samantha since she has been acting like she Misses her. It was hard since nobody has watched her in awhile. I honestly don't even remember the last time...Anyway, we went on a date. Nothing big since we didn't have a lot of money, but we went to CiCi's and McKays Used Books. I know the second part sounds lame, but we have a new "hobby"-collecting old Nintendo games. We both LOVE Nintendo and since he got me that Duo for Christmas, our games work better. We figured it was fun and cheap, since the games don't cost too much and we can use our trade in credit. It was fun. We talked a lot . We still talked a lot about Sami, but it was nice to have a break and be able to just make me a plate of food instead of making three plates and drinks and getting up during my meal to get refills for everyone.
Second, THIS is what I am SUPER stoked about! I went to check the mail the other day because Jessie always gets his pay stub on Saturday. I was sorta disappointed to see that they didn't pay him for the day he took off early for Sami's swallow study. They don't have to pay him for it, but they sometimes do. Sometimes they put coupons for summer activities in the envelope or other little surprises. But this time they put a letter, which said that they were going to do an ALL expenses paid married couples workshop for a whole weekend in November for any employee who wants to go!!! We are SOOO going! It is the 12th-14th and we will have to have Samantha stay somewhere for the weekend-my Mom's, which I am super nervous about because she has NEVER been away from me over night, but I am excited to get some time-just me and Jessie. There will be seminars, activities, and we will get to meet other couples from our area. We will get to stay at the Holiday Inn downtown and the seminars will be at the Chattanooga Choo Choo, which I have never been to!!! I can't wait! For once, it'll be all about-US TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment