Thursday, August 19, 2010

Samantha's PAT Meeting

It's that time of year again! My DD may not be starting school, but Tammie will be coming periodically for PAT (Parents As Teachers) Meetings. I am very excited! This month's meeting was the one I have been waiting for since she was Oh so little, when Tammie told me about it. Samantha had a muffin pan with 6 holes, but she had 7 tennis balls. What is she going to do? Well, she sat, and she thought. And she would take a ball out and put the other one in. Still, that didn't work. She tried forever! (Tammie was very impressed because usually the toddlers will just give up and hid the ball-thinking they have tricked the parents. Finally, Sami looked at me and said, "Help it, Mommy." Apparently I am her problem solver. That is what the activity is for, to see how your child problem solves. She also brought puzzles for Sami to do while we went over papers and she showed me the posters, but she stopped Tammie in her tracks when she put the puzzle together in no time and said, "I done." Tammie said she had never seen one her age do that puzzle so fast and so well and she works with children her age everyday. So we sat and directed our attention toward Sam as she did it again and again and again. Now I didn't even know Sami was this good at puzzle because just a few weeks ago, she didn't even want to do them. I am very proud of her. Our next meeting is September 13th. I can't wait to see the activity for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment