Friday, August 13, 2010

Me and Her


We have our own way of life. And it makes me mad when people question that! I mainly use "attachment parenting" strategies. I stay at home. And although I did not breast feed, I wish I could have. But I did co-sleep and use a sling. Except for a short amount of time, I have always been non-CIO. I have-CONSIDERED homeschooling as an option, but I probably will not. I parent off of my instincts as a Mother and the feelings I get from Samantha, MY child and I don't feel there is anything wrong with that. Samantha and I are closer than I ever imagined we could be and I don't understand what the problem is. People are always bashing on me for bonding with her rather than saying, "That is good that you can have that sort of relationship." I like to spend 98% of my free time with Sami. The rest of it is with Jessie or letting her play by herself. (However, she is usually not fond of that, so I do not make her. She has the rest of her life to be away from me.) We have special routines like eating peanut butter and vanilla wafers on Fridays or cheese and crackers for snack on Mondays. We pop in her music and movement video on Fridays too and dance like nobody is watching us-which, good thing they aren't. =) And I want to do Kindermusik with her so that we can bond at the same time she makes friends and learns. I just don't understand what is so wrong with that. It is not just one or two people. It is a bunch. I will not let others dictate the way I parent, but I still want to know. Will somebody PLEASE tell me, what is wrong with what I am doing? The pic is of Peanut Butter Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment