Thursday, November 18, 2010

As soon as dinner is over, it will be Christmas!


I'm so nervous. We got all the turkeys and every thing, two original, one cajun-yum. The only thing I have left is the stuff for the pie. I am making turtle pie since I don't really like fruits or anything. I figured if I was going to make the pie, I might as well eat it too. So we are having turkey, stuffing, green beans, corn, home made mashed potatoes, rolls, deviled eggs, buttermilk pie, turtle pie, and cookies. But my Nana, who usually cooks, has been having my Aunt call me CONSTANTLY asking me questions. Anyway, after thanksgiving we get to go get our tree from Weever's Tree Farm!!! We go there every year. I am so excited!!! We already picked out our family ornaments. We just have to go get them. I didn't take out enough money from the bank the day we picked them out. Also, while I am talking about Christmas, we are going to go see the lights at Rock City this year. We have never been there. My Mom, little brother, and Aunt. And so is my Best Friend, Suzi, and her Husband. I have really enjoyed having her back. It's been a long time and we always talk, just never got to hang out. We actually had a "sleepover" the other day. lol. But I really enjoyed it because she LOVES having Samantha there. Her husband went to my house to hang out with Jessie. They get along real well. We just stayed up all night looking at old pictures and talking about what we remembered. We went shopping the next day for Christmas stuff. I just HAD to get a small taste of Christmas. I got the angel for our tree. (Jessie said I could because it was on sale. lol) And then got a BUNCH of presents for Sam, mostly dress up, which I had promised I wouldn't get more of, but did. Before we went shopping though, we dressed Samantha up real cute and painted her nails. (Suzi did that part.) She LOVED it! Sami adores Suzi. She calls her Aunt Sudi. So everytime we pass their apartment she will say, "I wanna see Aunt Sudi soon!" I'm glad she likes her so much. I was afraid that it would be weird having Sami and her not having a Baby, but it's not. It actually makes everything more fun. We aren't as wild as we used to be and dressing up and going out is something I don't get to do much anymore, but it is a lot more fun when there is someone who Loves to dress up Sami and do her hair like I do. Anyway, not much longer until Christmas. We are putting the finishing touches on her room and slowly moving toward the dress up center and toy box we are making her. The toybox is all Jessie. I'm not helping on that. He has his own ideas, but the dress up is me and my Aunt. We already have the base done and painted. We just have to add the decorations.
I couldn't resist temptation the other day and I got the Christmas decorations down, but I didn't decorate. They are just sitting in the bottom of the storage closet, awaiting midnight after Thanksgiving dinner when everyone is asleep except those who are just as anxious as me, waiting...Either waiting for that or for Black Friday. Me-I'd rather buy ahead throughout the year and then decorate at midnight. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment