Tuesday, August 3, 2010

All The Things She Has Learned

When I pulled Samantha out of daycare, all I could think about was that she would get so behind. She would stop learning because I would never be capable enough to teach her what she needs to know on her own. But much to my surprise, she has learned all that AND MORE! She is ahead now actually! And I don't know how! Some of it she has learned from me. Some I am not sure where since nobody ever watches her. The other day she pointed to a $10.00 bill and seriously said, "That's a ten!" Ha Ha. She speaks very clear now, complete sentences for the most part. Although, I am the only one who understands most of them. The other day she learned to count to ten, completely by mistake. We were watching a Curious Buddies video and they counted to ten. Ever since then, she has been able to do it. She also knows her alphabet thanks to Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. She also knows all her main colors. Although, she will not say them. She will just point when you ask her to. On top of that, she has learned even more bones. She knows all the main ones. She just doesn't know the difference between her cervical vertebre and her lumbar. (She really enjoys anatomy and she likes when we read my school books together. I have been teaching it to her since she was born. I remember her laying in the bath tub and me saying, "And this is you femur." (I was in Anatomy and that was my way of studying at the same time that I took care of Samantha.) She is getting so big now. I am so proud. I hope she will continue to learn as well as she has.

No comments:

Post a Comment